How to get to Eastern Samar
Step 1: Fly to Manila, Philippines (Ninoy Aquino International Airport)
Step 2: Take domestic flight to Tacloban City, Leyte (Air Philippines, Cebu Pacific or Zest Air)
Step 3: Take land transport from Tacloban City to Eastern Samar.
You’re there. Happy surfing
Manila to Eastern Samar
Take a plane (Air Philippines, Cebu Pacific or Zest Air) from Manila to Tacloban City (Leyte Island). The flight is approx. 1½ hrs.
From Tacloban airport take the Jeepney (Local Style Public Transport) into Tacloban City. From there take either the bus or van into Eastern Samar.
There are two Public Van companies that go from Tacloban City to Guiuan (Eastern Samar). They are Van-Vans and Duptours. Below are their details:
• First Trip: 5:20 AM; Last Trip: 6:30 PM; Van leaves every hour.
• Fare is 120 Pesos/person. (US$4)
• Travel Time is 3 hours.
• Contact Number: (055) 523-8107
• First Trip: 5:30 AM; Last Trip: 5:00 PM; Van leaves every 30 minutes.
• Fare is 140 Pesos/person. (US$4.30)
• Travel Time is 3 hours
Contact Number: (053) 325-8293